Cashier for shop
According to the regulations of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, cash accounting is mandatory for any entity engaged in entrepreneurial activity, including retail trade enterprises. This article will tell you what functions are performed by cash registers for a store (hereinafter KKM), as well as about the technical features and characteristics of cash registers.
Why do we need cash registers in a store?
Cash accounting is part of a unified system for collecting financial data for the purpose of their further processing and use. Its technical support is carried out by using a specialized device (cash register) and software (software).
One of the most important elements providing information interaction between regulatory authorities and business entities is the cash register. It is a digital device used to optimize the cash flow process. It allows you to quickly control the turnover of cash, both inside a trading establishment and in the course of external interaction.
Simply put, the main task of the cash register in the store is to fix the sale and purchase operations.
Features of the
In the Russian Federation, cash register machines are used, which have fiscal memory, that is, the recorded information is saved and it is impossible to delete it without a trace. The rules for the use of such equipment in the Russian Federation are regulated by the Federal Law “On the use of CCP …”.
Distinguish between KKA and fiscal registrars (FR). Devices of the first type are an autonomous mechanism, with the help of which the cashier enters the purchase amount and prints the receipt. The device of the second type is connected to a computer, which is a component of the automated workplace of the seller-cashier.
In the latter case, there can be two modes:
- Online. In online mode, all data is not entered, but read automatically from the program. The KKA generates information about the sales made, and immediately transfers it to the accounting program. Thus, only absolutely reliable information is stored in it.
- Offline. In this case, all data about the goods are stored in the memory of the KKA. Registration of sales information is carried out by the product code. The cashier reads it with a special barcode scanner or types on the KKA keyboard. During the summing up of the shift, the sales information is loaded into the accounting program.
CCA are used for:
- accounting for the monetary profit of a trading establishment;
- improving the efficiency of store employees (sales clerks);
- improving sanitary and hygienic conditions in the sale of food products;
- minimization of errors in calculations;
- saving time when paying for purchases;
Cash registers are subdivided into 4 separate subclasses according to their fields of application:
- cash register for the store;
- for the service industry;
- devices for the sale of oil and products of its processing;
- KKA for use in restaurants and hospitality.
In general, the principles of functioning of the KKA are identical. They are distinguished on the basis of design features that ensure the specificity of the operation of such devices, depending on the scope of application.
The cash register for working in a store may differ in terms of connectivity to:
- electronic scales;
- a device that reads information from payment cards;
According to the capabilities of the registers of RAM, KKA are classified into operational, monetary, summarizing and control.
Another criterion by which cash registers are classified is the method of generating cash statements. It can be conducted by:
- types of products;
- sales clerks;
- hourly, daily or according to the fiscal report.
The store checkout in trade may differ in the way it is launched. Some models are started using keys, while others are started by entering a software password. In addition, data can be entered into the device via:
- own KKA keyboard;
- computer keyboard;
- barcode reader;
- electronic balance;
- and etc.
In the Russian Federation, only models included in the list determined by the State Register are allowed for use. As a rule, these are products of domestic brands. Moreover, over time, the list may be revised. Models not listed in the register cannot be admitted to registration with the tax authority.
In some cases, the owners of retail establishments prefer to use POS terminals, which are software and hardware systems for use in the trade. They consist of a fiscal registrar and a PC with special trading software installed. POS terminals can be connected to: a box for receipts, a barcode reader, etc. Such systems have a convenient and simple interface, so there is no need to explain to the cashier how to work. In addition, they can increase the speed of customer service.
One of the main advantages of a POS terminal is that it allows the cashier to independently choose exactly the hardware and software that he prefers.
Location of cash registers in the store
Traditionally, the location of the cash register in the store is the entrance to the outlet. This makes it possible to more efficiently use the retail space and enable the buyer to bypass the entire store on the way to him.
At the same time, it is extremely important how the cashier’s workplace is arranged. In particular, the absence of queues directly depends on how fast it will work. In this regard, it is important to install a fast and reliable KKA in the store, whose probability of malfunctions is minimized.
Now you know why CSA is needed for stores. We hope that the information provided will be useful to you.