Choosing a suitable economy panel
We will select the economy panel according to several parameters:
- – color
Experiment with color.
To begin with, with dark, noble tones: wenge, Memphis cherry, walnut.
Brown shades have always represented confidence and moderate luxury.
Suitable for focusing attention on important areas of the room.
Doesn’t fit the theme of the store?
Pay attention to the calm, neutral palette of oak, maple, beech.
They are characterized by a unique texture and a palette rich in different colors.
Once you choose, fill the pavilion with a sense of serenity and focus your customers on the product.
Need something custom?
Graphite gray, blue, olive economy panels will help you to arrange your store.
- – physical characteristics
There are two most common sizes that can be changed if desired.
1200 mm. by 2400 mm. – weight 39 kg.
And 1200 mm. by 1800 mm. – weight 29 kg.
It is worth remembering that the economy panels are delivered in pallets of 25 pcs.
Where the weight of one such pallet can reach a whole ton.
- – material
The choice of material for the economical panel for installation
The choice of the economy panel is also influenced by the material itself: MDF (or its cheaper substitute for laminated chipboard), plastic.
Below we have provided a comparative table to give you a complete picture.
|Characteristic||Plastic||MDF (laminated chipboard)|
|Weight||15 kg.||From 29 to 39 kg.|
|Price||85-90% of the cost of an economy panel made of MDF||100%|
|Transportation||Disassembled into horizontal sections||Wholly|
|Influence of moisture and temperature||Low||Average|
|Carrying capacity||Up to 10 kg. In one position.
Up to 20 kg. When using aluminum inserts.
|Up to 10 kg. One position.
Up to 20 kg. When using aluminum inserts.
Additional benefits of plastic economy panels
Parts of the installed wall can be pulled out for replacement / cleaning.
It is easier to apply films, textured coatings to the surface.
How to prepare for the installation of the economy panel?
First, let’s remember which surfaces are best to mount the panel:
- thick, dense drywall
- specialized economy stands, partitions
This choice was not just that.
With the exception of the universal uprights, the wall surface and the dowels used will be subjected to constant pressure.
Despite the fact that the large area of the panel distributes the load on the wall.
Preparation for installation of the economy panel
The constant interaction of customers with the equipment can lead to a variety of situations: from breaking the hook, groove, to cracking of the attachment points.
Next, take care of your safety and assistance.
You will definitely need support if you buy the necessary equipment yourself.
As mentioned, the weight of one panel can reach 39 kg.
Therefore, find a person who will pick it up, bring it to the place of installation with you.
If there is such a person, great, let’s proceed to the next step.
Before installing, make sure that the temperature of the future attachment base is at room temperature.
This is important, as as a result of drilling the holes, unwanted cracks may appear in the cooled material around the self-cut dowels.
By the next stage, after the economy panel has been delivered, you will need:
- Drill, screwdriver
- Building level
- Dowels for a specific type of wall surface
- Self cuts 4.2-4.5 * 40 mm.
- Rubberized hammer
- High quality lighting
- A vacuum cleaner
- Our installation guide
After completing the preparation, you can proceed to the installation of the economy panels:
Step-by-step fastening of the economy panel
- Use the building level and outline 5 horizontal lines. For the 1st, 6th, 12th, 18th, 23rd groove, respectively. Place 3 equally spaced points on the lines. Match them with the grooves of the economy panels and correct, if necessary.
- Using a drill, make passes of the required diameter in the economy panel (corresponding to the parameters of the dowels for the economy panel) so that the drill marks the grooves in the wall.
- For concrete, brick – these are dowels No. 6 and self-cuts 4.5 * 40 mm.
- Drywall – dowels for gypsum, self-cuts 4.5 * 40 mm.
- Wood, chipboard – the cuts themselves are enough 4.5 * 40 mm.
- Take it to a clean place, make holes in the wall of the required depth.
- Install the dowels by carefully hammering them in with a rubber mallet
- Place the economy panel in the grooves (correlating it along the grooves with the neighboring one, if one is already installed), screwing it itself with cuts to the wall.
It would be best to ask the second person to hold on the opposite side, subsequently changing places. Go from top to bottom, starting from the outermost side slots.
- Take the purchased inserts: plastic or aluminum.
- Install the plastic version with the top edge, gently pushing it towards the groove.
- To place them completely in the hole, run along the insert with a pencil or hammer handle, which you have exactly with you.
- For aluminum inserts, you will need a rubber mallet. Lean it against the groove and gently tap it inward.
These inserts keep the grooves of the economy panels from chips and accidental breakdowns, and double the carrying capacity.
Place hooks, brackets, shelves, etc. into the grooves of the economy panels at a distance of at least 20 cm from each other. Conclusion: It would seem that attaching the economical panel to a wall / surface is a rather difficult task. And this is partly true, but with the help of one more person and an hour and a half of time, you can make an installation for an entire store.