Commercial CW is used for storing, processing, demonstrating and organizing the sale of perishable goods (some types of pharmaceutical products, food, etc.) that lose their consumer properties when the low-temperature regime is violated.
There are many types of refrigeration and freezing devices for special purposes. At the moment, it is customary to subdivide them into 3 main categories of commercial refrigerators:
- cabinets used in grocery and flower shops, pharmacies, meat markets, catering establishments and hotels;
- small cameras;
- refrigerated display cases and counters used for the best presentation of the product to consumers and its storage for a period from several hours (salads, some semi-finished products) to several weeks (meat, fish, etc.).
Large supermarkets order the manufacture of such devices for their specific needs. The most popular types of CW are freezers, lari-bonnets, ice makers, as well as refrigerated slides, chambers and cabinets.
Incorrect operation of commercial refrigeration equipment can lead to its breakdown or malfunction.
The main causes of malfunctions during the operation of the chemical plant are:
- mistakes made during installation;
- non-observance of the temperature regime in the room where the chemical plant is installed;
- closed or partially covered by various objects (labels, etc.) openings for air intake and supply;
- excessive load of the refrigerator or freezer with food;
- negligent exploitation of CW by the staff of the trade establishment.
Most cases of failure of refrigeration equipment can be excluded if preventive maintenance (MOT) is carried out in time.
Maintenance of equipment designed for storing perishable food at low temperature is divided into 2 stages. This is the maintenance of refrigeration equipment during the warranty period and after this period.
Let’s consider what the warranty maintenance service is.
When you purchase an XO for your store, the seller company assumes warranty obligations for a specific period, provided that you use their installation and commissioning services.
Even during the warranty period, the operation of chemical equipment must be accompanied by regular preventive maintenance, so you should not proceed from considerations of economy and refuse to conclude appropriate agreements for the provision of such services. Believe me, in this case, you will greatly reduce the risk of breakdown after the expiration of the warranty period, and therefore your possible costs for repairing the refrigerator.
Post-warranty service of XO
At the end of the warranty period, you need to conclude an agreement with the service company for further maintenance, or “hire” a mechanic who will carry out preventive maintenance at a predetermined frequency or on call. The latter option, for economic reasons, is usually chosen by the owners of small grocery stores who cannot afford large expenses.
For those who have already had a case to be convinced of the validity of the proverb that the miser pays twice, we say that it is better to trust the maintenance and repair of refrigeration equipment to reliable companies licensed to carry out such types of work.
For the smooth functioning of commercial refrigeration equipment operated in the store you own, you should carry out maintenance monthly, and every six months – minor repairs to troubleshoot.
During the operation of the chemical plant, it is necessary to periodically check the correctness of the grounding of refrigeration units and other devices, which is dictated by safety rules.
The complex of measures under the general name “Technical post-warranty service” also includes:
- Checking the integrity and technical condition of the chemical object, which is carried out by visual inspection. At the same time, the presence of all the components of the refrigerator is checked, the bushings and the drain hose are fastened, the sagging wires are pulled, the fencing of the engine room, etc.
- Condenser cleaning. Removal of dust and dirt eliminates overheating during the operation of the CW.
- Inspection and verification of the correct functioning of the automatic devices and electrical equipment of the XO.
- Monitoring the reliability of neutralizing conductive components and lighting operation. The latter is reduced to 3-fold on / off of the corresponding button.
- Checking the functioning of the evaporator defrosting and cooled condensate drain.
- Monitoring of compliance with the temperature regime.
Refrigeration equipment maintenance
Refrigeration equipment repair, which you better entrust to a reliable service center, implies:
- implementation of work according to the maintenance agreement;
- checking contacts;
- cleaning the condenser;
- replacement or repair of automatic control devices for the refrigerator and filter-drier;
Rules for personnel when operating refrigerated trade equipment
In the period between maintenance and routine repairs, the staff of your outlet must carry out:
- regular cleaning of refrigerators after completion of work (wiping the commercial refrigerator from the outside, rinsing the inner chamber with water and soap and wiping it dry);
- control over the temperature inside the chamber and over its loading in accordance with the rules;
- inspection of the engine room in order to identify problems in a timely manner;
- removal of the formed layer of ice crust (frost), if its thickness exceeded 3 mm;
The correct functioning of the chemical equipment, its durability and the amount of expenses for minor and major repairs depends on how responsibly the staff of the trading establishment will react to the implementation of these actions.
There are other rules for the daily maintenance of refrigeration equipment that you should familiarize your employees with. In particular:
- Your salesperson and technical staff can only open the doors of the refrigeration units if you need to unload / unload them and do it very quickly.
- Food or other goods requiring a low-temperature regime can only be loaded into a refrigerator, chest or freezer connected to the power supply network and provided that the required temperature has already been established in it.
- The personnel must lay the goods, leaving a gap of at least 4 cm between it and the walls or glass of the chamber.
- All your employees who are admitted to the maintenance and operation of the chemical plant should be pre-arranged training and familiarized with the safety requirements.
- The personnel should not allow low-temperature display cases to be reloaded with goods, i.e. they should not rise more than 15 cm above the pallet.
- In a sales area, in a warehouse or in a back room where commercial refrigerators are installed, the air temperature, even in the hot season, should not rise above 25 degrees Celsius.
In addition, it is strictly prohibited also in case of violations in the grounding system, with damaged electrical insulation and in some other cases.
Some helpful tips
- You need to immediately contact a specialist if, during the operation of refrigeration equipment, you notice changes in its operating mode. After all, the longer a showcase, chest or freezer will work on the verge of breakdown, the more difficult and expensive the repair will be.
- Refrigeration maintenance cannot be trusted by questionable “service centers” or craftsmen, especially if they promise to carry out repairs at very low prices. Eliminating the mistakes that such would-be specialists can make can be many times more expensive than if you initially choose a reputable service provider.
And, finally, we will repeat our advice: regularly carry out preventive maintenance of commercial refrigeration equipment. This will keep it in good working order, reduce repair costs and significantly increase its service life. High-quality prophylaxis is much cheaper than restoration of equipment.